Jyty supports you at your workplace
The Federation of Public and Private Sector Employees Jyty is the guardian of its 50,000 members. The Jyty members work within the basic and welfare services in municipalities, joint municipal au-thorities, parishes, the private sector and non-profit organisations. Jyty has a comprehensive local and national network that brings negotiation power to the guardianship.
The members are served by the member branches, the central office and eight regional offices. We handle collective agreements, we actively negotiate for better working conditions and create a safety net for the individual employee. Jyty negotiates collective agreements for the municipal, private and church sectors. Jyty is a member of the Finnish Confederation of Professionals STTK.
Why belong to Jyty?
- Jyty negotiates your working conditions and your collective agreement.
- You receive work relationship counselling and legal services.
- At your workplace you are represented by the shop steward.
- Through education you complete your competence.
- The liability and legal expenses insurance is your insurance protection at the workplace.
- As a member you are insured at the unemployment fund in case of unemployment.
- The leisure time accident and travel insurance protect you all over the world.
- Efficient labour market and professional communication.
- Relax at Jytys cabins and holiday apartments.
- Benefits from insurances, ship cruises, accommodation as well as fuel discounts.
Jyty negotiates your working conditions and you receive work re-lationship counselling and legal services. As a member of Jyty you are also a member of the The Public and Private Sector Unemplo-yment Fund Jyty association (JYTK). The shop steward represents you at the negotiation table and in cooperation groups. As an or-dinary member you are part of Jyty through the local or profession branch.
What to do at the workplace in problem situations
The closest person to contact in a problem situation is the Jyty shop steward at your workplace.
- Discuss the matter with your supervisor first.
- If your supervisor can’t help you or your views differ, please contact your shop steward.
- If there is no shop steward at your workplace, please contact the Jyty regional office or the central office.